Back to Careers
Chaplin Farrant is an established award-winning architectural practice which is based in Norwich and operates across the East Anglian region. We specialise in providing innovative designs with practical management and cost control. Our practice includes cost consultancy and structural engineering departments to provide a multi-disciplinary and cohesive approach to projects.
We are expanding both our Norwich and Cambridge offices and is looking for a Qualified Architect and/or Architectural Technologist to join our team.
Sustainability is the central theme of our work, and we deliver innovative and practical energy saving designs or help assist our clients in reducing the carbon footprint on their existing buildings. The firm is renowned for their concentration in a variety of sectors including; Healthcare, Education, Commercial & Industrial, Leisure & Retail, Residential, Social and Community.
Role & Responsibilities
Day to day responsibilities will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Technical detailing
- Designs and drawings
- Client facing and some project management from time to time.
Successful candidates will be given a great amount of responsibility and will be working under your own initiative; therefore, you will need to be able to work confidently without the support of another team member guiding you.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3/4 years UK experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- Strong knowledge of UK building regulations and standards
- Experience working on all RIBA stages
- Strong knowledge in Revit is desirable
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience running projects
Hours, Salary & Package: Competitive basic salary and you will also be eligible for the following:
- 25 working day (36.25 working week)
- Up to 8% pension contribution
- 20-28 days holiday entitlement dependent on length of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support and sponsorship of professional training and qualifications
Additional to the above benefits the office offers onsite parking on a rota; Flexible working and the option of an additional 12 days flex-holiday in lieu of working extra hours.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please email your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 700000.
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time applications will be considered.